What is it? CCXIX

Number 1224 is the only unidentified item this week, maybe someone will know
what piece of equipment it was used with.

Rob
Reply to
R.H.
and again some silly guesses from germany
1221 no idea 1222 early music box? 1223 knocks at your door? or maybee used to hold your curtain 1224 similar tools are used to remove your car radio. 1225 maybee used to roughen something, maybee the downside of your shoes (missing word: Schuhsohle) or any other thing made from leather 1226 no idea
greetings, chris
Reply to
Christian Stüben
1226 is used in photo, movie, ot TV lighting. It's a clamp used to hold a boom to a light stand. Here's a poorly illustrated example:
joeljcarver
Not as silly as my guesses....
Primitive ice tongs? (I doubt it.)
Much too big for that; my first thought was a wine rack or a humidor
What does it screw into? My first guess was a corkscrew, but the screw part of it clearly isn't big enough.
Part of a primitive penis enlargment device. ;-)
I thought it was for bringing up the nap on something, or maybe something like carding wool. But the handle looks too short, and the device too bulky for that.
Putting the lines in corduroy? :-)
Reply to
Ted Schuerzinger
"Ted Schuerzinger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:p1k4uvoongsu$. snipped-for-privacy@tedstennis.tripod.com...
oh, *you* are the spammer. gotcha!
;-)
Reply to
Christian Stü
1221: Wrong angle for a test tube holder, but perhaps a similar function.
1222: Drying or cooling rack
1223: Decorative yet functional ring for hanging things on.
1224: A cable holder of some some sort; I have no idea what sort.
1225: Concrete texturing tool
1226: Darn odd looking thing.
Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto
For your amusement...
The grip head:
The "C" stand:
The typical setup of "C" stand with grip head and arm:
Pete C.
Ahh, it's where they keep the souls freshly removed from young lawyers, until they dessicate and become harmless.
Still could be a document drying rack.
Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto
Errm..., let me explain here that I am no expert or anything. I simply copied your 1223 .jpg file and pasted it into "My Pictures" folder. In this folder I have the view set to 'thumbnails' as opposed to 'icons' or 'list'. I use windows XP Pro and IE 7 and to view the jpg image I use 'Windows Picture & Fax Viewer' which came as standard I think. The thumbnail (in the 'My Pictures' folder) shows string and label on a right handed image, the jpg image doesn't. I could capture the thumbnail image and post it somewhere, If there was any interest, I suppose. I want to mess on with photobucket or something anyway to try and get to understand how that works. Anyway .... So somehow the information must be all in the jpg file somewhere. After all on the jpg properties page it tells me what date and time you took the image, what make and model of camera, the exposure rate, and well all sorts apart from what you had for breakfast that morning .... lol I have no special programs I don't think, apart from what came built in. I am no geek and for the most part don't understand computers, but I like pushing buttons and dinging bells. M. ;o)
Reply to
Merskeen Durkin
I was surprised that the file still carries exif data after being edited. One application shows me data about the thumbnail, but I haven't been able to see it.
Reply to
Bill Rider
Well I signed up for photobucket, but haven't got it quite right yet. Looks like I will have to give them more freedom to muck my computer about. One step at a time though. Anyway this link seems to do partly what I wanted.
This is a gif image I captured of a jpg thumbnail. I know, I know ......... I certainly make things complicated for myself.
M.
Reply to
Merskeen Durkin
"R.H." wrote in news:47b779f3$0$17335$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:
It's not a killer mistake. The Rockler catalog has similar mistakes in it as well. Look at the screws - some of them are pictured as having a left- hand thread. This sort of thing happens all the time in advertising because the photo editer thinks that view makes a better shot. The coffee maker Bodum has a couple of web pages showing ice at the bottom of glasses of iced tea.
Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

Site Timeline