What is the true refill pressure fo acetylene tank?

I ve read everything from 75 to 40 psi. Mine just dropped at about 80 psi and called in for a new one (rented tank). No pink or purlple flame yet,
tough. I'm I shooting myself in the foot?
regards,
Mongke
mongke wrote:

You may be having tank "size" problems---The tank is first filled with a porus media, then filled with acetone, then the acetylene is pumped in slowly, it takes time for it to dissolve into the acetone--about 10 or 12 hours as I remember.
The reverse is true also, it takes time to withdraw it---you can't run a rosebud on a 50 cu.ft. tank---at least not very long.. also cold weather may have an effect on the available pressure, especially after starting to use some.---I seem to remember seeing 150 psi or so on a full tank.
In summer on a new bottle I think it was about 250 psi. Now winter and virtually empty its only just registering on the gauge down around 10psi but still working a 10 tip. About time to change it though. I never use anything that big in the way of a torch so am not to demanding.
Jerry Wass wrote:

I always though >25 psi though perhaps a little higher (and similar for regular compressed gasses, unless higher delivery pressures were req'd). A full acetylene is about 240-250 psi.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 05:52:35 +0000, The Masked Marvel wrote:

Well I do understand not to draw too fast the acetylene or the acetone will come out. It is correct if I reasone that acetylene can be drawn down to 25 psi if I respect the 1/7 rule? BTW, 1/7 tank capacity means 1/7 of total capacity or 1/7 of the capacity left in the tank?
regards,
Mongke