What is the true refill pressure fo acetylene tank?

I ve read everything from 75 to 40 psi. Mine just dropped at about 80 psi and called in for a new one (rented tank). No pink or purlple flame yet, tough. I'm I shooting myself in the foot?

regards,

Mongke

Reply to
mongke

You may be having tank "size" problems---The tank is first filled with a porus media, then filled with acetone, then the acetylene is pumped in slowly, it takes time for it to dissolve into the acetone--about 10 or 12 hours as I remember.

The reverse is true also, it takes time to withdraw it---you can't run a rosebud on a 50 cu.ft. tank---at least not very long.. also cold weather may have an effect on the available pressure, especially after starting to use some.---I seem to remember seeing 150 psi or so on a full tank.

Reply to
Jerry Wass

Reply to
David Billington

I always though >25 psi though perhaps a little higher (and similar for regular compressed gasses, unless higher delivery pressures were req'd). A full acetylene is about 240-250 psi.

Reply to
The Masked Marvel

Well I do understand not to draw too fast the acetylene or the acetone will come out. It is correct if I reasone that acetylene can be drawn down to 25 psi if I respect the 1/7 rule? BTW, 1/7 tank capacity means 1/7 of total capacity or 1/7 of the capacity left in the tank?

regards,

Mongke

Reply to
mongke