What is this?

Is this a jig borer..or a small mill?

Picked it up for $100.....after they turned it over on its face. Busted one side of the table plumb off.

WIth luck..I can drill and pin the busted side of the table.

Shrug...just another fixemup project.

The previous owner had it on a moving cart..and managed to pull it over on himself. Busted his leg pretty badly. Had a Sony DRO on it..but they kept that...sigh again. But..Ive got a replacement I think should fit.

Interesting Makino anyways. Dials are metric only though.

Anyone know where to find a manual?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Might just be a Jig bore. You may have to get that part recast and machine a new one.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

That's a cute little thing. I'd have been on it for a C-note too.

I agree, worth a shot to pin it, weld, grind.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Obviously you are a blithering idiot--the above it is a photograph of some dirty and unprepared scrap metal which amounts to what I would guess weighs in at appx 1700 lbs.

Well then you paid too much unless you have some immediate use for the motor or other component parts in which case suggest remove them and haul the rest to the schnitzer.

Now it's your turn...feel free to tell us all about how when the apolyclips finally comes your gonna put pedals and abicycle chain and use it to make gun parts to kill liberals with....or how your gonna sell it for 20 grand and pay your outstanding medical bills....

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Reply to
Ignoramus17831

My oh my...look what the sewers puked out tonight! Not only does it appear to be drunk, but in the last stages of the DTs as well.

Pity about that. Well..not really...the dumb bastard is drunk once again because he hates himself more than he hates everyone else.

Shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

But the paint!

Ill probably pull it off, line it up and drill and dowel pin it then see about brazing it up. Maybe add some L steel outside to make it stronger. Wont be pretty..shrug..but.

Everything in the table is jammed, so Ive got to pull the table off first and see why. As the drunk stated..it may well be scrap. The head would be interesting though if mounted on an old mill base of some sort. A Nichols or something.

Ill get around to it one of these days and check it out. Going back down to LA in a little while, dont know when Ill be back home and on the net again.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Nice and clean, but that must have been something to snap off that chunk of metal.

Makino Seiki. Oddly enough, I have a Makino repairman that lives next door to me.

Reply to
Louis Ohland