What kind of v-belt is this?

Hello,

I want to buy a sheave for a project I'm working on. I have a AEG motor from an old washing machine and a v-belt from the same machine. My question is: What kind of v-belt profile is this? The belt is about 10mm wide and 6mm tall. I have uploaded 3 pictures of the sheave on the motor, the belt, and the belt + sheave from the washing machine. The sheave removed from the machine is unfurtunately of wrong dimensions and I was also unable to remove it from the axle without destroying the mounting mechanism.

The pictures are located here:

One final question, do you know where to buy sheaves that fits axles in metric dimensions? (20mm axle).

Thanks,

Erling

Reply to
Erling Ringen Elvsrud

This is a belt "10 * 875 DIN 2215". 10(mm) is width, 875(mm) is the (inner) length. The ISO abbrev. would be "Z * 875 ISO 4183" BUT! the length in ISO would be longer, as it is defined in a different way. If my math is right, the ISO length should be 890 or 895mm.

HTH, Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Thanks for the help so far, but I have another question:

What is the equivalent of the Z profile in profiles using inces to specify the width/height?

For instance McMaster-Carr have available the following profiles that seems to approach the Z profile of my belt:

Profile Width Height

---------------------------- O-Section - 3/8" x 7/32"

3L Section - 3/8" x 7/32" 3V-Section - 3/8" x 21/64" 3VX-Section - 3/8" x 21/64"

Do you think a sheave for one of the profiles above will work properly with my belt?

Erling

Reply to
Erling Ringen Elvsrud

And the angle?