What next?

Buy a bottle of pouilly fuisse, grab a slice of quiche Lorraine, put your feet up on the hamac, and forgetaboutit.

Nobody pays attention to spelling here, anyway.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I've got a quiche Lorraine recipe to kill for. Half heavy cream, half light cream, eggs, Swiss cheese, and bacon. Tell me that real men won't eat

*that*.

However, make sure you take your Lipitor before eating. It's a heart attack on a pie plate.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Now my spelcheckr is stuck on French, and it won't change to any other language. The dropdown has only French. I think someone's messing with me. Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

It's always something.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Find a French-language metalworking group?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Care to share that recipe, Ed? I'll admit I eat sh"t like that. Bill

Reply to
Bill

I suspected something wrong when words like "from" and "there" came up as misspelled. You know how when you get old that VERY common words look funny? That's right, I thought. Then I started digging.

As for trying things French, I'd rather put up with this aggravation.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Did you install Microsoft office 2007 by any chance?

It installs a new dictionary that outlook express can't read.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

forgot the link to free spellchecker that will fix the problem.

info about problem

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Al Gore and Bill Clinton go in to a restaurant. Bill looks at the menu and says to the pretty waitress, I'll have the quickie. Al leans over and says that is quiche. Bad, the devil made me do it.

Reply to
Bill McKee

me.Guess it's time to take it to the shop.

======== I don't know your situation, but if more than one person has physical access to your computer be sure to implement password protection on the administrator account and your personal user account, if you use one.

Activation of the "boot lock" available on many ROM bios can also be helpful to avoid tampering as well as providing some data security if the computer is stolen. [If any data is critical, be sure and encrypt the files.]

If more than one person [you] needs to use the computer, set them up with their own (or a guest) account with limited privileges.

If you do not have a firewall and antivirus installed and connect to the internet [which you must be doing to post to the NGs] get these installed ASAP. I suggest the IOLO system mechanic pro as it also includes a "system guard" feature to monitor/prevent changes to your settings along with several useful utilities. You can install the entire package on up to 3 computers. You can see more on their site at

If this looks interesting, email me and I will send you a discount email offer that I got for friends and family when I renewed my subscription.

Good luck. FWIW -- "hot boot" does not mean kicking the computer across the room while it is still on.

Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Thats pretty good, a mix of politics and spelling jokes. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

OK, Bill, I'm working on it. The basic recipe comes from Sheila Elion, who used to run a cooking show on WGBH Boston called "The Everyday Gourmet." But I've made a few modifications, which I've never put down on paper. I'll get it done.

It's really about the same as Julia Childs' old recipe. But...oh, well, I'll just get it down and let it explain itself.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Honi soit qui mal y pense!

Reply to
Michael Koblic

Besides, you would have to find someone to surrender to. JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

"Robert" wrote

Yes, and I'm about to uninstall it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Years ago, in Salt Lake City, there was a restaurant (Don Quixote) that served quiche as an appetizer. Never in all my years had I eaten anything so damned good. It got to the point where I'd go in just for quiche.

You willing to share that recipe, Ed? By chance, do you top it with a chicken flavored sauce?

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Unabashedly stolen and saved! :)

Reply to
John Husvar

Yup, a real quiche Lorraine is one of my four favorite foods in the world, the others being pecan pie; my mother's Crab Louie (she had a crab pot working off of her dock, full time); and barbecued mullet from Fast Eddie's south of Sarasota, Fla.

Most people never get to eat a real quiche. The stuff they sell in restaurants and supermarkets usually is made with milk and some damned chemical gum that thickens it up. It's OK, but it's nothing like the real thing. The real ingredients are too expensive for ordinary restaurants. If you use Gruyere cheese, it's ridiculous.

You'll see that I posted the recipe last night, Harold. No, I never tried it with chicken sauce , but quiche is a very flexible thing. I don't doubt that it would be good.

There are many other versions of quiche besides Lorraine, and many of them are good. But there's nothing like the original, IMO.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, put it to good use! You'll be glad you did.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

What's that Lassie? You say that Ed Huntress fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Wed, 16 Dec 2009 00:30:45 -0500:

Thanks. I'm going to try it this weekend. Most quiche sold at the cafe has mushrooms in it, witch I don't like. Bacon, onions, cheese,.... Mmmmm.

Reply to
dan