What percentage of machinists are conservative?

Could it be that they are looking for machining info?

I know, it's hard to find amidst the ranting.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Wot, the ones working in the trade, NOW, or used to work in the trade ONCE , or some involvement with metal and machines? - ....Argh...back in the Old Days, right?

The rest is just collecting stats, waving a red flag, all the usual suspects will come up with some totally unprovable theory as to why today is Monday......rededed somewhere, your life-views are set by age

18 - after that, just better quality bullshit to justify or advance ones chosen philosophy.... Decided to take Ulysses off my bucket list - if I was going to read it, would have done it by now. Besides, its a crap read. (first lot of it, anyway) That statement is true of a lot of the worlds "great" literature, theres gotta be something there. Hurled

Gunner - buy cheap import open ended spanners, grind them to the weirdo English size you need. Being able to grind them flatter is sometimes good as well - weird english mechanical devices.... The previous 15 owner's ever had a 8 inch shifter anyway.......that bike, bad choice for long term, will always be high maintenance. But a great project, go for it mate!

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

[...]

Help me out hee, Andrew. Sometimes you write like the most level-headed guy on this NG. Other times you write like you're in a fog of Foster's.

Tell the truth -- do you sometimes write when you're drinking?

Curious.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Or maybe the audience that he is writing for...

Reply to
jim

Wel,, yes Ed, I can see where that assumption would come from - and yes indeed, its been true, but not this time. My response was to a clearly rhetorical question - It was a nonsensical question too, the Usual Suspects turned out. Sidetracks everywhere, separate arguments, the usual stuff. Same answers too - Ed, I salute you, some of your explanations are mind-bogglingly complex, hard work sometimes. And, sometimes, like the rest of us, your just wrong. Your also right a lot, or you can persuade me you are. (who checks source material anyway?)

No one here drinks Fosters anyway, its disgusting stuff we sell overseas. Far better beers around. Fosters is slightly bad beer tasting alcohol, thats all. No enjoyment.

Going through Chemo for a few months now, terminal lung cancer, that stuff does things to your thought processes - (its kept in sealed bags, the nurses dress up like nuclear reactor workers before they give it to you - pretty weird stuff, does all sorts of things to ya. either that, or the thought of imminent death. And the analogy I can use is that the background noise level goes way down - who cares who left the milk out? - does it matter? - same for political theory - your never going to change anyone's mind, the system is beyond control or understanding cause its run by humans, who had a few bits left out in the original gene pool - like, er, the ability NOT to get too bogged down in crap. And argue with each other a lot.

Enjoy recreational crap sometimes - telling complete bullshit stories round the fire etc - good times indeed.

TC Ed, enjoy your posts, Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

I do. Always, or I'll let you know if I didn't. And I do it *before* opening my mouth.

That doesn't mean it's always right, but you can count on it having been double-checked. There are too many vultures sitting on tree limbs around here to do otherwise.

Since you said it, I agree. And the same goes for Molson's. They're both swill, but I don't like to insult my Commonwealth friends by saying so.

And no, I don't drink Budweiser, either.

Oh, damn, I'm sorry to heat that, Andrew. I don't know what to say except that I wish the best for you.

It's good for procrastinating when you have some miserable job facing you. Otherwise, you're quite right, it's a lot of fire and smoke about nothing.

Same to you, Andrew.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I had a Mary Ann's last week Ed. I didn't know the beer that made NJ famous was even brewed anymore.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Reply to
dcaster

Uh, that's the wrong Jersey, John.

The beer that made NJ famous, or that gave NJ tourists the hops, at least, is River Horse from Lambertville, NJ. Their Hop-A-Lot-Amus is a beer to remember. It's something like Mare's Sweat, only with a cleaner finish.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Haha! The sign said "The Beer That Made Jersey Famous". Liberation Ale. IIRC. One was enough - beer pretty much sucks in my book.

Well, I'm thinking a beer will be in order. Either that or a good dose of JW Blue. I started looking over the old SNL Palin skits and can't stop laughing. I don't think Sarah has either the "cojones" or desire to run for elected office ever again but I can just see all of this parody material and her own statements running side by side if she does. In fact, I think we'll see some of that anyway.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

If she runs, I'm hoping that Tina fires up her old impersonation again. It was some of the funniest stuff on TV for a few months.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

As my wife says, "Fosters, Australian for tourist"

Partial to Coopers Pale Ale myself, which I can get here, and Tooheys New and Extra Dry there.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Loooks like we do share some views in common - I know you were a research writer(?), so your facility with words will always exceed mine.

Ideology blindsides people alas - an article of Faith that, even when shown reputedly not to work, is still maintained as Holy Writ. Against that, facts are useless. Nothing new there - as you have pointed out, the rich are indeed getting richer because thats the natural order of things - same here, obscene wealth from our mining boom and rising unemployment at the marginally skilled or even highly skilled employment level.

The ultimate con is when you can expound a faulty ideology, and its victims start chanting the mantras for you! - ie see how many poverty stricken wingers you can get to preach it...

Really, life is too short for this sort of crap (and not just for me)

- does it really matter, is it a sideshow to divert the peasants from actually thinking about the system they have got, how so much of it is blatant bullshit and lies. If its human nature, then the planet is indeed stuffed.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Your wife is a Wise Woman, cherish her. I dont know why they even make the stuff, its undrinkable - maybe its like Politics where the spin is more of substance than the product.

If you can, look around for "Cascade" beer - made in Tassie, a real nice drop - even their "Light" beer tastes like beer, and thats been pretty hard to date. And your right - Coopers is nice, nails you to the floor if given the chance.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

She is, and I most certainly do!

Next time over, I'll look for that one. James Boag is another Tassie beer, one I can get here, but don't especially care for it. When I walk into a liquor store here and ask about Australian beers, they always proudly point out where the Fosters is. I sigh and relate my wife's quote which always brings strange looks... LOL I brought back a brew kit for Coopers Pale Ale for a mate that's into brewing. Be interesting to see how his efforts stack up against the factory brew!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

They've raised that to a fine art here. When you get your victims believing your propaganda and chanting your siren song, you've won. It's what Warren Buffet has suggested with his statement, "There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."

We probably will now hear from the Stockholm Syndrome sycophants, who will defend their self-immolation with imagined founding principles, most of which actually came from anarchists of the mid-19th century. Then the ghost of Andrew Carnegie will reward them by handing out shiny new dimes.

We may be stuffed. But, then, we may actually wise up. We've gotten a hint that there may be some good sense lurking in the land when a loud howl arose over the idea to implement a defined-payment plan for Medicare.

Enjoy every day, Andrew.

Reply to
Ed Huntress