What should I set my MIG gas meter to?

Just wondering. I tend to use it at around 10 with no wind, and 15 if there is air movement. What's correct?

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

Correct is what works in a given situation. Truth is in the weld.

Reply to
Don Foreman

weld.

10 psi sounds about right.

I have a flow meter on mine...

When I on/off the trigger, I get a "puff" of gass, stick out is about 3/8 or so pressing against a block of wood, pressing the trigger....

too much gas cools the weld...to little gas....bead don't look good, and its harder to make a bead...

pratice

xman

Reply to
xmradio