Whats the name of the Spanner?

Putting the spindle back into the quill of my Smithy.

The spindle bearings are retained & adjusted by a round nut, about 1-3/4 diameter, with four 1/4" (well, probably 5mm) slots. If I were in a bike shop I'd grab a headset spanner -- what do you call such a spanner in the real world? Where do you get them?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Hook spanner. McMaster-Carr, p. 2589, is one source.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

They're really easy to make. A lot cheaper, too. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt