Where does my $4 a gallon go ?

Look for Dubai Miracle Garden in the usual places. Except amdx, who will have to have someone translate.

Reply to
SteveB

Here's a good breakdown of gasoline costs.

So you can see what part actually goes to the exporter. What you may find interesting, of all the crude oil used in the US in

2013, only .00013% was from the UAE. From the chart above about 64% of the $4 goes to the producer or $2.56. So if you put all the US's crude in one big pot and made gasoline, about 3/100 of 1 cent of your $4 would go to the UAE.

We used 6.89 billion barrels and imported 898,000 barrels from the UAE.

Here's an approximate breakdown of imports by country.

39% is produced domestically 20% comes from Latin America 15% comes from Canada 13% comes from the Persian Gulf 5% comes from Africa 3% comes from other countries.

Why would you think I would need a translator. What have I said in what thread would make you think I wouldn't understand. Be precise, you suggested it, so it must be right at your fingertips. Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Your very welcome for the crude oil information. Nice to see we have got away from our reliance on the middle east for our crude oil needs. Now if we could just bump that 39% up to 70%. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Once it's gone it's gone.

There is some logic to trading oil for aluminum priced at $1000+ per pound in the form of aircraft.

Weight around 300,000 lbs, price around $300 million.

Boeing knows the secret of turning clay into gold.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Is all part of The Plan - use up all the "foreign" oil, then extend our hegemony because we're the only ones with oil! Bwahahahahaha! ha. Ha.

pyotr filipivich

I'm of the opinion that we will find a new source of cheap, clean energy that will drastically reduce the need for crude. I thought it was going to be LENR, but that seems to be dragging on and I'm not seeing the big money jumping in, so I'm a bit discouraged. How many years before this happens, I don't know. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I might have applied for a job in artificial photosynthesis R&D if a local startup needed a lab technician with chemical, electronic, optical and mechanical skills.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Have you seen anything about the artificial leaf lately? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I'ved retired and stopped looking at anything too complex for low-budget home experimentation.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins