Where might I have an antique bubble inclinometer repaired?

I found a very nice cast iron 24inch bubble inclinometer at a yard sale. I don't have the unit in front of me and can't remember the manufacturer but I remember that its patent date was around 1892-1896. The center is a rotating brass insert with the graduations in degrees are around this brass insert. The glass bubble is empty and I assume its cracked somewhere. All the original japanning is intact, light surface rust and appears to have been well taken care off.

I'd like to have this item repaired and re certified if possible, anyone know where I might get this restored?

Reply to
Modat22

Have you tried googling? A couple of years ago I found on the site of someone posting full and very impressive details of how to make your own. Perhaps he'd be prepared to make one for you?

Reply to
newshound

Chief McGee

Thankyou

Reply to
Modat22

Hey Modat,

Look in the Yellow Pages for a supplier of Surveyor's Equipment. They should be able to put you in touch with someone who does work on the now-old-fashioned bubble transits and theodolites.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I'm looking at a shumatech dro kit for my smithy 1220ltd. I'm a complete amateur with my machine and can't decide if the milling version or the lathe version is best for my use.

I'm leaning toward the mill version because I seem to use it more than my lathe but some of the lathe options in the shumatech dro look pretty nice.

I'm also considering getting both lathe and mill dro face plates and just reprogramming the dro whenever I switch operations.

any thoughts or advice welcome.

Thanks

Reply to
Modat22

Sorry guys I somehow managed to post to the wrong thread.

Reply to
Modat22