Oilite for m/c swingarm bushings?

The supplier of supposedly-better-than-stock bushings for a m/c project says he hasn't got 'em and won't have 'em for a long time.

I have an extra bit of oilite here that would make two such bushings, if the number of mistakes is less than one.

I don't know what the commercial ones are made from - is it likely to be oilite? Would oilite be ok for this purpose?

Reply to
_

Depends a lot on the vintage and designer of the motorcycle. Could be Oilite. needle roller or bronze. So, yes. Oilite will probably do the job as well as anything.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

My bike came with needle bearings but after they self destructed I replaced them with bronze bushings. Also added Zerk fittings to grease them after every ride.

Fred

Reply to
ff

A lot depends on what kind of bike ... any way you can find out what the "better than stock" ones are made of ? I'm in the middle of the second set of swingarm bushings for a touring Harley . A good friend got the first set , his need was more immediate . These aren't made of oilite , however , but 4140 steel and ampco 18 aluminum bronze .

Reply to
Snag