Prototype for Details West 50' Combination Door Boxcar

Anyone know of one? I've got one painted as Cotton Belt 20370. The ORER for my year (1970) says that Cotton Belt didn't have anything by that number. A search of the Model Train Magazine index only turned up one article discussing prototypes for the boxcar kits available at the time, but all it said about this kit was that several prototypes were close, but none were exact (and he didn't say which ones were close). I haven't been able to find anything. Any help would be most appreciated.

Larry

Visit the C&O's Piedmont Subdivision at

Adam's prize was open eyes His sentence was to see -from The Dreamer -by Tom Rush

Reply to
Larry Z. Daily

A message on the Freightcars List says that Details West combination door boxcar is actually pretty close to some Union Pacific and Santa Fe cars -- but I don't know details of which particular car series.

Mark Mathu