[HO] Athearn (ex-MDC) 50' FMC DD Boxcar

Model Die Casting had an 50' FMC double door boxcar in their catalog - #1980.
Now that MDC and Athearn have been rearranged under Horizon Hobby
ownership... did this carbody make it into Athearn's current catalog?
--
Mark Mathu
The Green Bay Route: http://www.greenbayroute.com /

Not seeing a response... and not seeing the model in Athearn's current on-line catalog:
I suspect that the ex-MDC 50' double-door FMC boxcar kit has been retired -- especially considering that Athearn already has a 50' exterior post double door boxcar in their line-up.
(The Athearn model is similar, but has a different number of posts and panels on each side of the door opening. I'm not sure how the ends and roof of the Athearn double door boxcar compare to the MDC model.)
Mark wrote:
"Not seeing a response... and not seeing the model in Athearn's current on-line catalog:
I suspect that the ex-MDC 50' double-door FMC boxcar kit has been retired -- especially considering that Athearn already has a 50' exterior post double door boxcar in their line-up.
(The Athearn model is similar, but has a different number of posts and panels on each side of the door opening. I'm not sure how the ends and roof of the Athearn double door boxcar compare to the MDC model.)"
I see three types of Dbl Door OB 50' on the website.
1. Athearn 7/7 panel sides
http://www.athearn.com/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH92927
2. old MDC 5/8 panel sides FMC [offset doors]
http://www.athearn.com/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH92927
[ATH92921] [ATH92922] [ATH92923] [ATH92924] [ATH92925] [ATH92926] [ATH92927] [ATH92928] [ATH92929] [ATH92930] [ATH92931] [ATH92932]
3. Illustrated sides ala the old MDC site [they have 4/8 panel sides]
http://www.athearn.com/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH92451
Eric

The old MDC #1950 boxcar had double doors centered on the side of the boxcar, and six panels on each side of the door opening.
Here is a model image: http://us.st4.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/internettrains_1853_42825099
Here is a prototype image of a similar car:
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/misc-m/mr2200agd.jpg
I don't see anything that resembles the ex-MDC double door FMC boxcar in Athearn's current product list.

My apologies... the catalog number of MDC's 50' FMC double door boxcar was #1980 (as I stated in my original message), not #1950 as I just wrote. The link I gave to the model image was correct -- the MDC #1980 model.