[HO] Branchline 50' AAR boxcar weight?

I'm building a Branchline 50' AAR double door boxcar this weekend and for some reason I don't have the steel nuts supplied with the kit to properly weight the car -- and I don't have ready access to a postal scale right now.

Can someone tell me the weight needed to bring the car up to NMRA standard (4.5 oz.), or the weight of the car without weights, or the weight of the nuts used in the Branchline kit? I'm just looking for something that can get me moving in the right direction.

Thanks, Mark Mathu Whitefish Bay, Wis.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

They're for half-inch bolts.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Thanks! The weight I've found for typical 1/2" nuts is 60 pounds per thousand, or each nut weights one ounce; 2 ounces of car weight total.

Reply to
Mark Mathu