[HO] Weight of Branchline 40' reefer

I'm working on a pair of Branchline Trains 40' ACF wood reefers.

Since I don't have an accurate scale at my workbench, I usually have my wife bring her postal scale home from her office when I need to check the weight of a new car. But since this project is pretty much a straight-out-of-the box kit (except for the addition of a few extra grab irons to match my prototype, which I don't think makes a hill of beans difference in the overall car weight)...

How does the weight of the Branchline 40' reefer -- including the two nuts which come with the kit -- compare to NMRA spec (and/or the often-used-standard-weight of a 40' Athearn freight car)?

Thanks, Mark M. The Green Bay Route:

Mark Mathu

John Zelinsky

Is that how much the Branchline car *actually* weighs?

Because I'm already well aware of both NMRA RP 20.1 (1 oz + ½ oz. per in.) and the typical 40' Athearn car weight (3 oz.).

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Reply to
John Zelinsky