[HO] 40' PS-1 Boxcars w/ 6' doors

Who makes 40' PS-1 boxcars with 6' doors?

I'm aware of InterMountain Railway's 40' PS-1 (kit #40499, $10.95) and Kadee's 40' PS-1 (RTR #4000, $24.65).

Accurail also makes a PS-1 boxcar, but the doors are 8'.

...others?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

McKean made a decent one some years ago...

Reply to
Craig Zeni

Yes, that's right -- I've got one of those McKean boxcars in my fleet. Unless there were several door options offered, the model I have has an 8' door also. It is a nice model.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

McKean made both 6' and 8' versions but be advised, the roof was missing the "bowties" on the end panels making it an early production car.

Reply to
Jerry Glow

Does Walthers no longer sell their model(the old Train Miniatures)? I had a quick look on their web site and could not find it although I have several of these kits. I cannot comment on the accuracy of the model, maybe someone else is more qualified.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

Reply to
Mountain Goat

Since it isn't listed at their own web site, it's safe to assume that the Walthers kit is out of production.

I looked at images of a few of the Walther 40' PS-1 boxcars that are available on eBay:

?ViewItem&item=3188711492 It looks like that Walthers kit has an 8-foot door.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Thanks everyone, I went with the InterMountain

kit for my project.

The results are here:

Strangely, the undecorated kit didn't include Superior doors so I added Kadee
#2210 seven-panel Superior doors. Most everything else was per the instructions except I mangled the air line and had to fabricate a new one from a piece of music wire. The decals are the new Scale Rail Graphics
#31057 GBW 40' Red Steel Boxcar.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Reply to