Instant roadbed

Hi all
Anyone tried using that instant roadbed on top of Woodland Scenics incline
foam? How well will it keep the track "glued" down?
Rob
Reply to
Rob K
If you're talking about the asphalt-based product by AMI, it will require a substantial amount of pressure to firmly embed the track into the roadbed, and I'm sure your foam won't survive!
Reply to
Frank Eva
Many folks who have used it say not nearly as well as it will keep every piece of lint and sawdust and dead flies and whatever else happens to fall upon it, except ballast.
I must admit I've never used it myself - one feel of a sample at the LHS brought a myriad of problems to mind, most of which I've heard confirmed in the actual experience of others.
Reply to
Steve Caple
Thanks, thats as I supected Rob
Reply to
Rob K
Hello Rob; I can't comment on keeping the track glued down. I wired a n scale layout for a friend who had used the "instant roadbed" crap in place of cork. None of us who has done anything work on that layout would recomend it. You will, at least we got some of that black s**t in small bits in everything. Roe
Rob K wrote:
Reply to
Roe Thomas