Model Train Shows and Club Open Houses

Update:

Tis the season to show off our hobby: There are currently 384 upcoming model railroad event dates listed in the database at:

Most of them are scheduled for either this weekend or next.

If your organization has a model railroading event to add, please use the e-mail address listed on the site. We are currently adding dates throughout 2005.

Thanks.

Larry

Reply to
LELathrop

Nice site, but the window that displays information is about 12 characters by two lines on my browser (Mozilla) - very hard to read about an event...

Reply to
Cheery Littlebottom

That's strange -- I looked at the HTML source code for the page and the table is specified as Width 871 pixels Height 969 pixels 8 columns

and it would seem that a specification like that should produce more than 2 lines.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

"Cheery Littlebottom" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I get about 45 characters by 3 lines using MS IE. The width isn't too bad, but some lines are longer and require wrapping; the 3 lines require scrolling for almost all events.

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

Depends on the font size the viewer has chosen. For those that need larger fonts, the fixed width and height could be a problem.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

Bob McConnell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thank you folks for the feedback. I'll be taking a look at it in the next few weeks and see if I can't come up with a better way to display that information. As you pointed out, it is hard when you don't know what size font someone needs to use.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Lathrop