Where to buy outdoor weatherproof 220v 30A recepticle online?

Home Depot and Lowes both have them.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
AZOTIC

Mike, Mike, Mike... When are you going to listen?

Talk to a LOCAL ELECTRICIAN. Someone who knows the codes for your area, knows what he's doing, knows where to go to get the correct materials needed for the job, and so on. You've demonstrated that you're ignorant (Ignorant can be cured with education - stupid is forever) enough to be a hazard to yourself and others when it comes to electricity, so break down, pick up the phone book, look under "Electricians", pick one, and dial the number. You simply don't have the skills, and there's no way anybody (or any dozen anybodies) on usenet can give them to you. So quit trying to "cheap out". Break down and hire someone who does have the skills to do what you need done. *ALL* of what you need done, including sourcing the supplies.

Believe me... You'll be MUCH better off in the end.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Some folks are welders.

Some folks are electricians.

Some can do both.

There are welders who recognize they are not electricians, and electricians who know they cannot weld.

I have a great deal of respect for those who understand their own limitations. Most of the trouble I get into has to do with not realizing my own, or deliberately ignoring them.

Jim

jim rozen

I found an excellent electrical book at the library that showed everything in excellent color photos. I believe it was a Black N Decker book and think I've seen it at Home Depo. The library also has local code info and the NEC. An electrician is cheaper and faster, but If you don't count your time as money....

Joel. phx

My inspector gave me the final sticker at the rough-in because I was pretty anal about knowing the code, plus the subpanel wiring looked pretty. I recently looked in a main panel that was what could best be described as 'art'. We had a good laugh, because he signed the box as well he should.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

That's the one.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I guess I have to buy the outdoor housing and recepticle separately, so where can I buy an outdoor weatherproof housing? It's going in my garage but it gets wet there in heavy storms so I want it to have a cover anyways.

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Is this the book?

Corwith wrote:

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Mike, Please listen. If you get this wrong (not to code) and the house burns down, your house insurance is null and void. Steve

Steve Lusardi

For sure that's true if the defective wiring is the cause of the fire. It may even be true if the cause of the fire is unrelated to the wiring, but the insurance investigator finds the noncompliant wiring during his investigation. Non-Code wiring is grounds for voiding insurance coverage even if it isn't the proximate cause of a casualty loss.

If you read your policy carefully, you'll find a number of things you must do in order to maintain coverage. Maintaining the property up to applicable Codes in force at the time the insurance was issued is one of them.

(Note that this grandfather's in things that might not be up to *current* Codes, if they were present at the time the insurance was issued and the Code has since changed, but doesn't free you from current Codes for any additions made after the insurance was issued.)

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman