Where to find ca. 24 RPM?

I need a couple of shafts that turn about 24 RPM. I have a variety of gear motors but they're either tiny or the wrong type to be slowed
with a variac.
What production device might I be able to salvage either ca. 24 RPM gear motors or smallish speed-controlable motors from?
No machine shop gear so making a gearbox from scratch isn't on.
Target is a mechanical candy puller to handle smaller-then-commercial batches of pulled candy so service is continuous but very modest torque.
Now I have to go clean up the mess left by verifying that all the motors I have are unsuitable. Grumble.
--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

On 1/20/21 12:36 AM, Mike Spencer wrote:

Not quite what you asked, but my favorite surplus purveyer is Marlin P. Jones, they have a 12VDV 25 rpm gear motor for $13: https://www.mpja.com/12VDC-25-RPM-Mini-Gearhead-Motor/productinfo/32208+MD/
--
Regards,
Carl

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
I need a couple of shafts that turn about 24 RPM. I have a variety of gear motors but they're either tiny or the wrong type to be slowed with a variac.
What production device might I be able to salvage either ca. 24 RPM gear motors or smallish speed-controlable motors from?
No machine shop gear so making a gearbox from scratch isn't on.
Target is a mechanical candy puller to handle smaller-then-commercial batches of pulled candy so service is continuous but very modest torque.
Now I have to go clean up the mess left by verifying that all the motors I have are unsuitable. Grumble.
--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

--------------------------
On 1/19/2021 10:36 PM, Mike Spencer wrote: > I need a couple of shafts that turn about 24 RPM. I have a variety of > gear motors but they're either tiny or the wrong type to be slowed > with a variac. > > What production device might I be able to salvage either ca. 24 RPM > gear motors or smallish speed-controlable motors from? > > No machine shop gear so making a gearbox from scratch isn't on. > > Target is a mechanical candy puller to handle smaller-then-commercial > batches of pulled candy so service is continuous but very modest > torque. > > Now I have to go clean up the mess left by verifying that all the > motors I have are unsuitable. Grumble. >
McMaster Carr has a number of gear motors for under $100.
This one looks like it might be close to what you are looking for: https://www.mcmaster.com/gearmotors/maximum-speed~24-rpm/ 400 oz/in is more torque than a stepper on a small CNC hobby mill.
Surplus Center, American Scientific, and Ebay are also places to check for surplus and new alternatives. I can't speak to food safety on any of them.
https://www.avg.com
On 20 Jan 2021 01:36:34 -0400, Mike Spencer

Maybe an old laser printer? Especially the giant ones that were built like tanks.
Maybe too wimpy for your application, but there are a bunch of DC right-angle gear motors from China for tens of dollars up to maybe $80 or so, and they can supply an open-board speed controller for a bit more. Quality seems quite good (metal worm gear train). There are also some reducers that could be coupled to a brushless motor or stepper if you need really long life.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
What production device might I be able to salvage either ca. 24 RPM gear motors or smallish speed-controlable motors from?
----------------------------- Not for this perhaps, but garage door openers. The adjustable overload sensor may be useful too.
On 1/20/2021 12:11 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Actually an old chain drive might just be perfect.
https://www.avg.com