changing 3000 rpm to 800 rpm

I have a 5 hp briggs and straton gas engine. The dealer said it turns

3000 rpm , at full throtle. I can't find it on engine but I assume he is correct. I have a 3 inch pulley on a cintrifical clutch on drive shaft. I need this engine to turn a pump at 800 rpm. Can someone tell me what size pulley I need to on my pump? Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Tom Richards

Reply to
er

The diameter of the pump pulley needs to be 3000/800 times the diameter of the motor pulley.

Reply to
Palindrome

11.25" driven pulley. 11 gets you in the ballpark
Reply to
gfretwell

Let's see if I'm thinking correct, (I'm sure if I'm not someone will let me know). You have asked a ratio question, simply divide 3000 by 800 to get

3.75. Multiply this by the 3 inch pully to obtain the size of the pully you need on the pump - 11.25 inches.

T Carter

Reply to
Tim

Two excellent sources for that sort of info, are the "Pocket Ref", and also the online or paper version of a McMaster-Carr catalog.

Reply to
Long Ranger