Is there an organization or "society" that collects older electrical engineering lit & specs?

Tech data. Technical papers. Mostly Power and Controls (otherwise not electronic). Mostly 40's thru 70's (maybe)

I also can dig out boxes of 80's and 90's IEEE serial publications.

Any use to libraries? Museums of "antique engineering"? (paper isn't as glamorous as bakelite :-) )

I didn't find info from searches, such as:

?q=Collects+%7C+Accepts+%7C+Donate+%7EOrganizations+%7C+%7EMuseums+%7EAntique+%7C+Historic++%7ETechnical+%7C+Engineering+%7C+IEEE+%7ELiterature+%7C+%7EPublications+%7C+%22Tech+Data%22++-Computer++-software+-furniture+-used

Reply to
no

I tried to give my collection of IEEE pubs. to a local engineering college library. The librarian was not too thrilled with the idea. Since I have a social contact with the President of the institution, he persuaded her to accept them. I wonder if they wound up in the dumptster.

Al

Reply to
Al

ering+%7C+IEEE+Literature+%7C+Publications+%7C+%22Tech+Data%22++

Antique+%7C+Historic++%7ETechnical+%7C+Engineering+%7C+IEEE+%7ELiterature+%7C+%7EPublications+%7C+

Sounds like you have a very valuable collection. I am sure the University of Alaska will take them and pay the postage. I used to get old papers from the Engineering Societies Library in New York City, but they closed. They would find just about whatever you needed and fax it to you for a price. For instance, while researching ampacity I asked for the Simmons paper from

1932, the Rosch paper from 1938 and the Neher-McGrath paper from 1957. They found and sent all of them.
Reply to
Gerald Newton

(thanks for both persons' replies)

"Gerald Newton" in news:fPqdnbVwa5UHe1nYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

If I adopt (a guess at) the libraries' perspective, i'd think they may have "holes" in their collectoins. And so, they'd want to know what i have (which means i'd need to do some basic assessment: date ranges of serials, etc. The stuff is disorganized.)

i suppose i could begin by phoning some university libraries.

Reply to
no