Where to get small push-push panel latches?

I have some household equipment (VCR, CD player, laptop) with those push-open, push-close type panel latches. Some are broken and I'd like to get replacements. All identical latch modules--looks like a standard part. So far the only sources I've turned up either only sell by large lots or only have large house/cabinent door-size ones.

Anyone?

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Are the ones you need the kind with a magnet which grabs a steel patch on the "door" to hold it closed? They are spring loaded and alternately catch "in-or-out" sort of like the push button on the top of a ball point pen.

When they spring out they fling the door right loose of the magnet if you move your hand away fast enough.

If that's what you need, I bought "one-off" of those at Woodcraft Supply a couple of years ago when the one in our bathroom vanity cabinet "s**te the bed".

HTH,

Jeff

P.S. Aren't you also in Taxachusetts? I'm in Winchester.

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Or are either of *these* them?

Search for 30637 and 30624

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Those are the larger kind that I've seen available. The type I'm looking for is a small plastic thing with two jaws on one end. Pushing the jaws in grabs the panel's projection and locks them in the retracted position. Push again and it springs open.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Try Austin Hardware at austinhardware.com

Odds are they will have it........they have a heap of all kinds of hinges, latches pulls and odd and unique hardware type stuff for machine parts to furniture. Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Where I live they are called touch latches . You might ask for that name and have better luck . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

[ ... ]

Of course, one question is who made the various objects? VCR, CD player, and laptop all *could* be made by the same manufacturer, in which case, it may be a part only made by that maker, and not sold as a generic part.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

They're entirely generic. I've seen them on old VCRs of many brands, HP and Xerox printers, copiers, computers, various brand monitors, Toshiba laptops, bunches of different TVs, etc. Now that I think of it, next time I'm at the dump I'm going to grab a trunkful of old VCRs are pull the latches out of.

It seems to be just used on small gear and machines. The things usually called touch latches for cabinets and doors are a lot larger.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Like these here?