Which kind of snap pin is this?

I am looking for a snap pin (not sure if that is the proper term though). The kind that is spring loaded. This type of pin has a body that has flats for a wrench, and is threaded below the flats. This pin is spring loaded but can be locked in the retracted position by pulling it up and turning a quarter turn. The pin has a split ring on top to pull on.

The application is an existing metal table with heavy duty casters on each leg. The casters have wheel locks but not swivel locks. I need to be able to lock the swivel mechanisim on two of the four casters. I realize I can weld a threaded coupler to the leg and use a piece of threaded rod to screw down and stop the swivel, but was looking for a more expedient method.

Thanks Wayne

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Search for "hand retractable spring plungers" at

formatting link

Reply to


formatting link

Sounds like the ones they have that come with a threaded outer sleeve would work best for you. Just drill and tap, pop them in, and you're good to go.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.