why is there a morse taper in the back end of my lathe spindle

Hey, you might warn a guy that has a mouth full of licorice. Damn near choked on that one. That's way too funny! Does she realize what she said? Sometimes great things are spoken in innocence.

Harold.

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Well, judging by the little smirk .... she knew!

I swear, she saves these little things up for a chance to ambush me with one. I was lucky I didn't spill the scotch. One should never abuse alcohol, doncha know?

Reply to
John Husvar

Yes, indeed, I do know. :-)

I went a long time without it, having trouble with my stomach. Had to abandon coffee, too, but took the antibiotic and bismuth treatment for helicobacter pylori a couple years ago (for the 4th time) and finally have relief. I now take half a Prylosec daily, and am free of problems, so I can enjoy the occasional scotch and water. I make a great margarita, too, thanks to a recipe from one of my previous business contacts.

The treatment consisted of two different antibiotics this time, unlike previous treatments. Seems to be the key to success. I appear to produce too much stomach acid, so the bacteria would return in short order previously. The half Prylosec has worked wonders.

I like to couple my scotch with some jazz from the 50's-----Brubeck (with Desmond), MJQ, Oscar Peterson,Gerry Mulligan, Monk------

Harold and Susan Vordos

The spindle can be used for other things. Some have threads there for face plates. Others have morse taper for flex shafts, sanding disks and such...

My wood lathe allows both threads and Morse.

Martin

Mart>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn