Why is this so hard? (bearing seals question)

Old Monkey Wards boat trailer, doing the bearings. Found the bearings, need a seal with 1-3/8" ID, 2.3/8" OD. Checked northerntool, mcmaster, msc, and grainger. Stupid search functions are WORTHLESS!! Any sources?

Reply to
RoyJ

Ned Simmons

Call MSC.

Pete Stanaitis

---------------------------

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Me, again. I agree about the worthless search functions. Seems they can't handle more than one word, either.

Pete Stanaitis

--------------

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Can we assume you tried the auto parts store?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Roy, If you still have the old seal, take a look at the 'rubber' portion of the seal with a magnifing glass. Usually the seal number is molded into the seal (outer side) in really.. really tiny letters. If the number is there your local auto parts can cross ref for you. HTH Bob rgentry at oz dot net

Reply to
Bob Gentry

Tull bearing in N.E. Mnpls.

Reply to
Don Foreman

My local NAPA guys are great at such things. Take in the old one.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Go to your local autoparts store.

Reply to
CalifBill

Local phone book under bearing supply. Places like King bearing and Motion Industries know their stuff and will give you the right part.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Finds:
?s=I13752375 Not sure if this is what you want though.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

If he'll look at this page and go down to the "Small Bore Bonded Seal" catalog he can look up any seal he needs.

Wayne Cook