Windows resources

Step 1 on the new plasma table is a control computer. I'm making the third PC control up from parts. The three computers are as identical as I can source parts, based around a Soyo P4 motherboard with 3 ISA slots. I also have an AGP video card, the Galil ISA slot card, and a Nudaq PCI I/O card installed. (Also processor, memory, floppy, Hard drives, CD rom) Nothing else in the computer.

I clone the hard drive from a running unit and install. On boot I get a message stating windows does not have enough resources. In device manager, the Galil card is not operating. (FWIW, this old card has a manual IRQ jumper set to 10)

Obviously, something must not be quite identical. I can't find it. How do I investigate what this error message is all about?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

"Karl Townsend" wrote in news:49f5705d$0$57686$ snipped-for-privacy@auth.newsreader.octanews.com:

Check task manager and see how much memory is being used.

Reply to
Anthony

Is the bios on all the boards at the same version?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Try telling the BIOS to reserve IRQ 10 for a non plug&play/legacy device, if that bios can do that.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

BINGO! i never would have thought to look in the bios in a million years. Thanks

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Good call Mark!

Reply to
Buerste

Luckily, I no longer wake up screaming from nightmares about Intel processored machines without enough interrupts to support all of their cards. Motorola

68000 series processors (HP, Apple etc.) didn't have the problem due to using a decent (192 entries usable) interrupt vector table rather than 8 or 16 fixed interrupts. Took Wintel 10 years to catch up with that :-|

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand