Wire-spring combination?

In ancient times... there was a device you could put near the fender well of your car that would alert you about being close to the curb. If I recall correctly, it was a spring-wire combination, a spring that continued as a straight wire.

Are there any such metal pieces, maybe using stainless steel wire less than .09" in diameter for the spring and the wire?

I need that for something like training wheels, but it will be light duty and preferably without the wheels (because it cannot be allowed to catch on rough terrain).

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe
Loading thread data ...

the name of the thing is "curb feeler" - you can still buy them

Reply to
William Noble

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.