wtb MT2 collets

Lance A Boyle

Hey Himog,

Give us a clue as to where you might be located. That's always helpful for these kinds of questions.

See that Larry!!!!

Take care.

Brian Laws>Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Ayup. Born every minute.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends --

Comprehensive Website Development --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Since MT2 collets don't weigh much, I am willing to have them shipped. Besides, if I get results from more places, it is more likely that I will get something useful.

Reply to
himog

All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4 in the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are being made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more comprehensive sets?

Reply to
himog

Why don't you just buy some? They are readily available lots of places e.g.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

You're joking, right? A MT2 collet with a 5/8" hole through it. Cool? Even better. What do you call an MT2 collet with a 3/4" hole in it? AIR.

Reply to
Mungo Bulge

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps thinking of end mill holders?

Reply to
Mike Henry

I have 5/8" and 3/4" MT2 collets. The dia doesn't go right thru the collet body, obviously, but they do exist.

And yes, I do know the difference between a collet & an end mill holder.

To the OP, go buy a collet chuck with a MT2 shank, using ER32 collets. Lot less hassle than swapping collets all the time.

PDW

Reply to
Peter Wiley

I'm having a hard time visualizing a 3/4" MT2 collet. The nose on the MT2 collets for my Clausing 8520 mill are ~ 0.71" OD, so clearly a 3/4" collet is not possible in that exact form factor. What am I missing?

Reply to
Mike Henry

Busy Bee, KBC, Lee Valley, King Tools.

Reply to