In 5C size you can get emergency and oversize collets. Can you get the same for Morse taper (MT2/MT3) collets? Any suppliers out there?

I know you can get blank MT arbours, but that's not quite the same thing.

(just bought a new rotary table, which has a MT2 hole in the center)

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
Loading thread data ...

MT2 is normally a tool-holding collet and tools have accurately ground standard-sized shanks.

I've turned an extra 0.500" spigot on the end of work to hold it in an MT2 collet on my rotary table. Here a collet holds the centering plug:

formatting link
A Morse equivalent to Stephenson's 5C-ER adapter:
formatting link
I prefer this style of 5C index to a spin index for milling, since it can be locked up tighter:
formatting link

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.