WTB Vise Grip Clamps

I am looking for some Irwin Vise Grip clamps.

8R, 9R, and 11R

The 8R is the duck bill sheet metal clamp. The 9R is the square head clamp. The 11R is a larger pinscer type clamp.

Must be Vise Grip brand, and in decent or better shape. I am already bidding on some on ebay, but need several more.

E mail me.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Well, if we knew where you are, that might help! - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

In what way?

Steve

BTW, I live in Las Vegas, and had figured to pay for the shipping, too. We have been accused of being hedonistic and backwards, but we DO have USPS and UPS.

Reply to
SteveB

Why not just go to the local hardware store and buy them? Or order via McMaster etc? They aren't that hard to get a hold of? What am I missing here?

Lane

Reply to
Lane

I went to Sears, Home Depot, Lowe's, and Ace looking for the 8r for some sheet metal work. Ace was the only place that had any, and they wanted $23 per copy. Online, they are $14.70 plus shipping.

11R is about $17 to $23 per.

I need about a dozen, and that's about two hundred bucks.

Point is, I am cheap, and just wanted to get some for less than going out and buying new. They last a long time, and the extra money feels good in my pocket.

Some people may have some who don't want, need, or use them, and that money would feel good in their pocket, too.

About the only thing more fun that money in a pocket is a pocket with a hole in it ............... ;-0

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

An auction just ended where I bought four 11R's for $27.55 ..... that's $7 each for one that sells locally for $17 to $23. Freight will kick that up, but the total will be far less than $68 to $92.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

In your initial post you didn't specify anything about price, new or used. Sorry I'm not able to read between the lines so I had to ask.

Another thing to think of is what is your time worth? If you can wait for the occasional good buy on a used pair, fine. Sounds like your project isn't one that has to be done immediately.

Good luck in your quest. Lane

Reply to
Lane

"Lane" wrote

Sorry, I was vague.

When I got started, I went out and got ten new ones. They were $17 each. Now, I am adding to it, and have enough most of the time. Just some of the time, I run short.

Every couple of times a year, I do some sheet metal thing. So, I wanted a duckbill to make it easier. Last couple of days I made a swamp cooler plenum out of sheet metal, and had to use a rubber mallet and the edge of some angle iron to make bends.

Some tools, you only need once or twice a year, but when you do, it makes a big difference.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

[ ... ]

Might I suggest checking with one of the big vendors, like MSC, and seeing what kind of price they would give you in your quantity. Not likely to be as low as used ones from eBay (though you never know just how wild the eBay pricing will be at times), but it might be enough of a savings to make the difference over buying one from here, and another form there, all with separate shipping.

Or perhaps something like one of the cheap import (e.g. Harbor Freight) combination brake/shear/rollers might do and cost less than all of the Vice-Grips bought in a lump -- depending on the size of your sheet metal. They would not do for the aluminum which I might be bending up for electronic chassis, but for ducting material, they might do quite well (after spending some time tuning them up. :-)

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

About every other month Enco has them on sale for under 14.00 if I remember right, and free freight on over $50 orders.

I think I have over 20 of them now, I like the SP models better but I have at least 10 of the standard ones too...

William...

Reply to
William