WTD: Piece of rack and maybe a spur/pinion gear

Hey guys, check your junk bins. I am working on a Router Elevating mechanism.(Similar to the Dewalt and Old Black and Decker rack and pinion elevating mechanisms) I need a piece of rack, 1/2" wide by about 6" long. Standard pitch for such a rack is

  1. I can buy the gear but the rack only comes in 4' long pieces. Anybody have something like that?

Thanks! Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Marty, I have several of what you describe. Unfortunately, they're at my other shop in NC and I won't have access to them for several months. If you can wait that long, I'll be happy to send them. Jim S. in Florida

Reply to
Jim Schwitters

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Did you check Boston Gear? Seems to me that I could buy it by the foot.

Took a minute and checked, I've got a 4 foot piece, 14 1/2 degree PA. If nobody else, post here again, it's the only way I can be reached now. Cutting six inches isn't a problem.

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

Grant Erwin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

16 DP 14 1/2 PA
Reply to
Marty Escarcega
[posted and mailed]

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com (Lennie the Lurker) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Lenny, that's why I am asking, I can buy a 4' piece but only need 6" The gear is the easy part, Grainger's stocks them individually.

Thanks for the help! Marty escarcegaATcox.net

Reply to
Marty Escarcega
[posted and mailed]

steamer wrote in news:zRjKb.6778$XF6.148870 @typhoon.sonic.net:

Ed, the link doesn't work? Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Hey Marty,

Somebody else said the same, but it just now worked OK for me. And I tried it back when I read about the probelm earlier, and it worked then too.

Take care.

Brian Laws>[posted and mailed]

Reply to
Brian Lawson