Mars Rover Help

I would like to offer some elementary age children the opportunity to drive a Mars rover. I would build the rover myself and operate the
rover locally (not via the internet). What Mindstorms packages and addons would I need? What version of Windows do these packages run on? Which cameras are compatible with the recommended Mindstorms packages?
Daniel Cervantes