12 volt power supply

Hi Guys, My Boxford STS10 20 lathe has a 12 volt light, but no power supply. Does anyone know where i can source a supply which will fit the connection I currenty have? This is a round plug about 18mm dia with two small prongs.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike cole

I'd do it the other way round. Bin what you have and use something that is readily available. First up, how much power do you need? I suggest 50% spare, so for a 50 watt bulb, use a 75watt supply... You almost certainly won't get a power supply with the right connection, unless it is supplied by Boxford......

Reply to
TTman

This doesn't answer your original question but I would use a 12v "down lighter" (the low voltage indoors lighting - normally recessed in the ceiling) power supply. The halogen bulbs they use are also 50 watt and the supplies are cheap.

Tim South Africa

Reply to
Tim Nash (aka TMN)

Thanks for the ideals, we have to go to B&Q for some curtains anyway so the downligher sounds good. Mike

Reply to
Mike cole