13 mm round EN16T or any near equivelant

Does anyone know a source of 13 mm round of a grade equivelent to approximately EN16T . All the usual sources I have tried supply 1/2"
and 9/16" but nobody seems to stock 13mm in an a similar grade I need about 4 foot but would purchace a full lenght if nessasary John

Try www.m-machine-metals.co.uk Mike

Thanks Mike but they dont seem to do it in 13mm. I would even settle for a grade like EN24T. I want to make spindels for the front forks for a 1912 motorcycle John

Try phoning them to see if they can get EN16. Mike
Thanks Mike but they dont seem to do it in 13mm. I would even settle for a grade like EN24T. I want to make spindels for the front forks for a 1912 motorcycle John
Hi John, Which motorcyle do you want fork spindles for and which make of fork does it have? Ned Ludd
--
ned ludd

HI Ned The forks are Druid and are on a 1912 Sun motorcycle John

I will try them tomorrow but I have tried Mallard meatals and some others but the all say that their suppliers dont do it. could it be that as 13mm is a metric size that it would be a different grade or DIN standard. John

It's simply that 13mm round is not a standard size. Given the age of the machine you are making the axle for, are you sure that it's 13mm and not 1/2"?
Mark Rand RTFM

The originals were 1/2" amd unlike later heavier forks there is not a lot of meat to play about with but a 13mm reamer cleans them up lovely so now you see why I am searching for the 13mm John
Hi John again, Are you sure that there are not some bushes in fork/yokes that could be eplaced? I did some work on girders recently, not my natural domain, and there were bushes that could be replaced, allthough at first cursory glance looked like there was none. Blame failling eyesight and seventy year old crud, the bits not the eyes. The bushes, by the way, were in a counter bored holes so when you look through you can't see the step. Ned Ludd
ned ludd Wrote:

--
ned ludd