Indexable threading tool insert question

Hi,

I'm tempted by Chronos's metric indexable threading tool set (part number SCT300EXT) which states it comes complete with A60 - G60 - 0.75 - 1.0 - 1.25 -

1.50 - 1.75 - 2.0 - 2.50 - 3.0 TCT ISO inserts etc. I assume the inserts denoted by numbers are the thread pitches which that insert can cut, but can someone tell me what A60 and G60 mean ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Boo

found this on the net ..not necessarily the same set but gives more details

the A60 and the g60 are general purpose cover wide range of threads A= 05mm to 1.5mm G= 1.75mm to 3mm

... .....where as all the others are for specific threads ..so have the little hook that cleans the crest of the thread

Insert 16 ER A60 P25C 0,50 - 1,50 mm 48 -16"

" 16 ER G60 P25C 1,75 - 3,00 mm 14 - 8"

" 16 ER 0,75 ISO P25C 0,75 mm

" 16 ER 1,00 ISO P25C 1,00 mm

" 16 ER 1,25 ISO P25C 1,25 mm

" 16 ER 1,50 ISO P25C 1,50 mm

" 16 ER 1,75 ISO P25C 1,75 mm

" 16 ER 2,00 ISO P25C 2,00 mm

" 16 ER 2,50 ISO P25C 2,50 mm

" 16 ER 3,00 ISO P25C 3,00 mm

All the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Also ..(not sure on this ..but others will add)

if using the specific thread ones ...I cant see the compound set at

29.5 degrees idea helping a lot ..may even break your tip.

but compound set at 29.5 for the A60 and the G60 ...I know will be ok

All the best.markj

Reply to
mark

I have a set of Internal and External, about £60 each (including toolholder IIRC). IMHO a good buy. A60 and G60 tips as previously described, not full form whilst the rest of the set are. I use mine with the ELS threading at 300 to 400 rpm (at 29.5 deg infeed) and produce excellent threads.

I never use dies anymore!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards