Indexable Carbide Engraving Tool

Two, maybe three, years ago I look at an engraving tool at Eastec. As I recall it used a square insert and was priced in the $200 +- range.

Now I can't find thd brochure and wonder if this ring a bell with anyone.

Since I work with very low time students I would prefer a tool with a replacable tip as opposed to solid carbide.

Thanks,

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology H.H. Ellis Technical High School

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society

Errol Groff

I just purchased one of these for my own personal stash and use it primarily as a champhering tool. It's listed in the catalog under drills but is a multi purpose tool that would work well for engraving too;

Lists for about $200, I got it for $100. (abrasive-tool.com) Inserts are about $10 a piece with two edges each.

Reply to
Black Dragon