How to identify a threading insert?

Is there a way to identify a threading insert only looking at its ISO description? I am trying to query a db to return only threading
inserts. TIA, LB

There are so many styles of threading inserts, top Notch, On Edge, Laydown, etc
Example: Laydown has IC size (Inscribed Circle) Threads per Inch if it's a full profile, 60 or 55 Degree, Max and Min TPI, Grade of Carbide, Chipbreaker or No Chipbreaker.
I suggest getting a Vardex and a Carmex catalog. They use different types of nomenclature and they are two most popular non-proprietary styles on the market today.
Try this site for a good reference too. http://www.carbidedepot.com/Dynamiclanding.aspx?CategoryID=4290
JR