303 Stainless Steel question

Hi,

I have a couple of small parts that I want to make for a telescope. I intend to make them of 303 SS because they may occasionally get damp and I don't want to be polishing rust off of them. The parts have a 1/4 inch 18 tpi threaded section with a knurled knob so they can be screwed in by hand.

My question is : can 303 stainlss be knurled in the lathe in the usual fashion as for ms ?

Many thanks,

Reply to
Boo

Can be done in similar way but takes more force in my experiance with

316 stainless.

Steve Larner

Reply to
Steve Larner