Aluminium casting in small runs

Correct - 1/6th M4 Sherman to be precise.
Adrian.
Reply to
Adrian Harris
I used to work for my local college and to my knowledge they never did any casting. There are other in the vicinity so I may make enquiries to them.
Adrian.
Reply to
Adrian Harris
How strong does it have to be, and how many do you need?
It could be made of bar stock - one size for the base, one size bent to the S shape and welded - there might be a low (relatively) cost way of oven-welding a long section, cut the pieces and drill the holes afterwards.
Does it have to be aluminium? Brass would be a doddle - silver-solder in an oven, easy-peazy.
Or steel, stainless if you use a free-machining variety...
Reply to
_
Die cast? About a banker's pension or so.
Spoke to a chap in Southport last year who had built a few tanks. His links were similar to this but fabricated. I think the blanks were laser or water jet cut, then he was stacking them up and brazing them through some sort of mufle furnace process (his day job). Gave a nice result anyway.
Reply to
Andy Dingley