Aluminium rod and tube wanted.

Hi, I'm building a model aeroplane and require some 3/4 inch O/D aluminium tube with an I/D of 5/8 inch. Two pieces are required each 14 inches long.
Also, two pieces of aluminium rod 5/8inch diameter and 12 inches long. I have tried around my home town of Southend-on-Sea without success so I thought I might try here. The main thing is that the rod slides in and out of the tube as it is part of the under-carriage. It can be metric provided that it is a sliding fit. Look forward to any replies.
Michael Ronan.
"Michael Ronan" <mbronanATfreeukDOTcom> wrote in message

Have you tried "B&Q"- our local ones stock a range of aluminium tube and rod and they have sizes that do "slide together"- I was looking for something similar for making antennas. I think they have tube around 3/4 of an inch.
Material is in 1m lengths and I recall that 1 m of 6mm o/d tube is about 1.50. Maybe not the cheapest source but, if you only need a few bits, not an issue.
I'm pretty sure the B&Q warehouse at Thurrock stocks the same stuff- as a 'treat' my wife lets me visit there when we have to make a pilgrimage to Ikea!
--
73
Brian, G8OSN
Michael Ronan Wrote:

You might try here.
http://www.metal2models.btinternet.co.uk/cataloguemenu.htm
Alla
-- Allan Waterfal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?uR67 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tC407
"Michael Ronan" <mbronanATfreeukDOTcom> wrote in message

I get all my Al from Smiths Metals as it's just down the road from me.
http://www.smithmetal.com/asp/main.asp?txtshape=tr&txthead
They have a trade counter, minimum 30 pound order. Quite happy to pick an order up and post it to you if you want?
Stephen.

Site Timeline