vice plans

Has anyone got plans for a small toolmakers vice to put on my surface grinder. this vice has to have the jaw clamp bolt ...that goes diagonal..........so pulling the jaw down instead of lifting it . are these difficult to make has anyone made one like the one at the bottom of this page for =A385

all the best...mark

Reply to
mark

I've got one of those, I bought it from J&L many years ago. It was about £60 back then, but they are usually "on offer" at about £25 these days from them. Hardly worth making one for that -it is fully ground.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Kevins right, if you look around a bit you can find them quite cheap these days. But half the fun of having all these expensive toys is actually using them to make things, usually more tools for the workshop:)

In this case the little japanese guy (again!) has drawings and pictures for a similar one here

and seeing as you have a grinder you can always use that to finish it quite acuurately. HTH

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

How do you know this Jap guys little, he may be one of them samurai wrestlers and machining is his hobby ... :0

How do you get to the front door of this midget jap guys site.

Thanks very much for the sugestions .........will keep looking at j&l flyers and checking. or may build the midgets version

all the best....mark

Reply to
mark

Regards