Anyone got some 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/8" mild steeel angle iron hanging around?

Just wondering if anyone has kicking about the place some S/H "scrap" angle iron that I could use to make myself something.

I'm wanting to make a storage shelf thingy.

The parts list is as follows:

Material: 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 1/8" mild steel angle iron (or similar)

120cm long x 4

114.6cm long x 6

59.6cm long x 4

Are scrap merchants sell angle iron bits?

BTW I live near Wakefield West Yorkshire. Any local person have some angle iron you can sell to me?

Reply to
Richard

In message , Richard writes

Getting as rare as hens' teeth these days but have you thought of trying to find some old fashioned iron bed-stead frames?

Reply to
Mike H

Ha! I used all mine up already. :c)

Reply to
Richard

Not rusted through I hope

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

There's a second hand steel merchant in Dewsbury:

James Dunkerley Steels Ltd

01924 451644

Very cheap prices (c. 25-50% on new prices)

I paid 10 quid for a 20ft length of 50mm RHS

He does a delivery service (was around 15 quid 2-3 years ago) and will also cut (roughly) to length.

Alternatively:

Morley Waste Traders - about 5 minutes from White Rose centre

will let you walk round (take wellies if it's anything like wet) and take what you want - I usually pay a quid or two each for up to six foot lengths of pretty much anything I can carry

They had a lathe there last year - about 10ft centre, 12" centre height 3ph he wanted 150 quid for it, including delivery! Wish I had the room.

Reply to
bigegg

In message , Tony Jeffree writes

I am vaguely reminded me of a popular music hall song or might have been a monologue (long before even my time)...

"The night the bed fell in on father".

Reply to
Mike H

Try "Mallard Metal Packs" 0121 624 0302

They currently list 30 x 30 x 3 or 40 x 40 x 3 black angle.

No connections other than being a satisfied customer.

Phi

-- pgp00

----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp001's Profile:

this thread:

pgp001

I know Dunkerley Steels, the place it's about 2 miles from me. I'll give the guy a try, he could be usefull. Cheers.

Reply to
Richard

Well, in end I got 60 foot of 25 x 25 x 3 black angle which I thought would probably do the job.

Cost me £15 inc delivery!

(Well it cost me £16, the guy did not have the fiver change).

Reply to
Richard

From?

Reply to