Bandsaw choice

I am looking for a small bandsaw, the smaller the better as I have very little space and will only be cutting 1" x 1" steel at maximum. (Yes I know I could cut those sizes by hand but I am inherently lazy.) The Micro Bandsaw MBS 230/E made by Proxxon shown part way down this page

to be suitable. Anyone have any views on this machine?

Cliff Coggin Kent UK

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Have only seen it once in use. Used by someone making Tiffany lamps (cutting glass). Seemed to work good. But with the heavy cuts in steel? And making straight 90° cuts on a vertical bandsaw? I doubt the later.

Sometimes Proxxon has good things, sometimes not. So I would buy it only when I could have made some cuts with it. That's why you asked, right? :-) The Al-table is something I wouldn't like for cutting steel on it.

The blade guide seems to be a necessary option.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller