It Happens to All of Us....

We've been installing some new batteries and chargers at a substation, and at the same time, a new 132kV tranny was being installed.

Contractors have been digging holes and making nice framework with reinforcing bars etc, ready for the concrete, about 10 cy yds or metres, whichever you prefer.

Anyway, the big day arrives, concrete mixer (57 plate no less) arrives and after a lot of kerfuffle about the lack of suitable troughs to guide the concrete into position, it all starts to flow.

Suddenly, there's a shout of "HOLD IT!!"

The back of the shuttering has burst open, and a lot of the concrete has run where it shouldna', plus the remaining shuttering looks to have floated up on top of the concrete.

Probably £3k worth of wasted work, plus they have to get the remaining (hardening fast) stuff out before they can start on remaking the framing again....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

substation, and at

whichever you

arrives and after

floated up on

remaining

And did you take pictures ????

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

No, the poor sods were so glum I didn't have the heart, or the camera as it happens!

We had a large, new charger fall off the hoist a couple of weeks ago, so I know just how it feels....

Peter

Peter A Forbes