bead blasting/er

I've got a small clark bead blaster loaded with glass bead. My problem is that the parts I'm doing are very small and detailed and the visibility has quickly become very poor though the top window. I was wondering if its better to replace this with a bit of safety glass or something. Currently is plexi.

Any ideas?

Reply to
JV

I have a largish blaster and my widow is also plastic rather than safety glass. I use a piece of Clingfilm on the inside mainly to protect the original surface of the plastic and like yours the dust soon starts to cut the visibility down. I have no solution other than opening the door and giving it a wipe. I have an interior light, this help a lot but only prolongs the viewing a short while.

I also use the workshop vacuum cleaner connected to a hole in the top of the cabinet. The use of this needs an air inlet as well as otherwise the differential pressure blows the gloves up dramatically! This also helps to prolong the visibility by delaying the dust build up.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

The wet sand blaster I borrow at work has a small windscreen wiper for the (glass) window. But I suspect that this would be a bad idea with dry media. Possibly a wiper would work if the window were replaced with borosilicate glass.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

My Guyson has a glass window with plastic protection covers on the inside. When it gets frosted you just put in a new one. I think they were about 25 quid for 50, I forget now.

Try

They used to do a catalogue like a tabloid newspaper, I think its all online now. These covers are hidden away on their site under blast cabinets.

Cut and paste details below.

Antistatic Screens Airblast brand anti-etch screens will suit your pocket as well as your cabinet be it a Guyson, Vixen, Butterfield, Clemco, Vacublast etc.

Available taped or untaped, manufactured to any size you require.

Lionel

Reply to
tinman

we use wet and dry blast equiptment at work, one tip for improves visibility on the dry ones, is.....

the self cling plasic screen protectors never seem to last very long, but we found that a wipe with a damp cloth and then a good drying, extends the screen life by upto 200%, Also if you use parcell tape around the side of the screen protector, to stick it to the machine, you will not be bothered by beads getting in between the glass and the protector

HTH

Reply to
Tim Bird

I used to buy rolls of acetate film from a drawing office supplies company.The operator would tape this over the inside of the safety glass and renew it as required.Saved a lot of money replacing the glass. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

I think that the Makrolon sheet we use for the charger panels has a toughened surface, might last better than plain Perspex.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Guyson's will sell you any spares you need.

The window protectors are called "Anti-frosting sheets"

Phone them on 01756 799911

The website is:-

Phi

-- pgp00