Big Mill for £400

I went to have a look at another Mill today. It was advertised as a Bridgeport but turned out to be a Kearney & Trecker No2 horizontal with a Bridgeport J head grafted on to the front of the overarm.

The chap wanted £400 for it but it is unfortunately far too big for my garage. There is a lot of tooling to go with it, including several of the original horizontal arbors and overarm supports.

Picture here:

montage here:
Sadly if he can't find anybody to buy it (not interested in splitting it at this stage) then it will go for scrap in about 2 months time.

If anybody is interested drop me an e-mail. Its big - must weigh a few tons - and I think the table size must be at least 60" x 12". The mill is in Suffolk.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I suppose that there are people with a 42" table who'd want to swap their table for the larger 48" version.....

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Thanks for that Mark, but it is just too big unfortunately. Believe or not I only have an 8.5' x 8.5' available workspcae for the machines, the rest of the garage is taken up with storage, a bench, and a washing machine! In the space I have to get a Bridgy, a Myford Lathe, an Eagle surface ginder, a 4"x"6 bandsaw, and a small compressor.

Compact & Bijou as the estate agents are fond of saying.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I'd chuck out the bench and the washing machine - with a 60" table, who needs a bench and with a Bridgy at full bore with loads of coolant flowing, clean clothes are pointless!

Mark

Mark_Howard