Blackgates Engineering - Renowned as a cynical trader?

The mud that Blackguards Engineering have slung is returning to hit their fan, yes.

Reply to
Ray E. Brain.

Phone them first and they will probably offer a returns label or arrange collection.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

DOES MR AIRY PLONKER REALISE THAT HIS RANTINGS ARE PERMANENTLY ON THE NET FOR YEARS TO COME. And are stored permanently in google groups...

perhaps this will make you think twice about posting drivel and crap.

all is not best...mark

Reply to
mark

Grow up, OM

Reply to
BSP Whitworth, BA

"Ray E. Brain." wrote

Parsel postage rate for 4 Kg ( alows 0.5 kg packing ) is £ 6.91...

In my opinion this is not a HUGE sum.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

I was right.

I'm still right.

..and again.

We're still waiting - you've had all of today to pick up the phone.

Aye...and again.

Fat chance - I suspect you're full of shit.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

The prospect of sending good money after bad and the unnecessary inconvenience that would be caused made it so - I went to Donnington in eager anticipation specifically to get this kit; £25 petrol, £8-50 entry, £126 for the kit; 7 hours driving for the round trip

I wasn't otherwise going up - but having spent all day hand sawing through some 1 1/4 inch bar earlier in the week, the need for such a machine is and was strong.

Too much money and effort has been expended already. It's a crashing disappointment, having first seen the demo earlier (Wembley this year?) but only when they'd run out of sets of castings to sell.

Normally I inspect _ALL_ goods before taking delivery or signing for receipt, but in this case I had previously thought that they were a reputable firm. Oddly enough, all the other goods purchased at Donnington, because I happened to be there anyway, were inspected thoroughly.

In no way could the casting complained of have been machined to bear any resemblance to the photo on the box; and it is a reasonable assumption that the photo on the box was also that of the demo model which formed the basis of the contract of sale.

Anyway, the matter is now closed, I've been diddled but I have no further interest in the kit; life is too short. It's been written off as a dead loss.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Reply to
Bright Spark

The matter in hand is that you accused Blackgates ( who, to the best of my knowledge, appear to be a thoroughly reputable company ) of "passing off" dodgy goods. To this end you were advised by several reader here to contact Blackgates in order to allow them to rectify your complaint - which would have been entirely the right thing to do. Having received this good advice you subsequently chucked the said item in the bin, without giving Blackgates the opportunity to respond to your complaint, or indeed to even hear it!

There are no other issues or motives - you're a complete pratt.

Given your patent and gross stupidity, anything is possible.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

I think that you are writing in, in a forlorn attempt, to settle old scores and to save face, rather than dealing with the matter in hand? Certainly your use of gratuitous and somewhat infantile forms of expression would suggest that.

You are somewhat cynical it seems. And a trader, to boot?

Reply to
Wobbler

I see your making a fool of yourself on here as well as ukra, a real model engineer would cast his own ;c)

Reply to
steve H

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:52:49 -0000, "Ray E. Brain." wrote::

When you're right. You're right!

Reply to
lucifer

Don't feed the Troll.

Reply to
Bill

Could it be the case that those who are regular customers get treated differently?

They might claim that they have been carrying on in a certain way for years, but then it would seem that the more recent Sale Of Goods and Consumer Protection laws would have passed them by.

It is not acceptable to pass over a sealed box that proclaims to be a kit for a hacksaw when in fact it contains scrap metal. Even if they did not do so deliberately, it is negligent and reckless not to have in position quality processes to prevent such scrappers to reach the packing stage when such scrappers must have already passed through several departments.

You may well have dealt with them in the past and be prepared to deal with them in the future, but my advice to you is to unwrap and inspect every casting before giving them your money.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Reply to
Superior Intellect

Plonk

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Gareth,

Haven't you sussed yet that they chose that particular casting JUST FOR YOU.

They knew that you love to make a fuss and that it would give you HOURS of fun wingeing on about it. It was obviously a deliberate ploy to upset you, they had it hidden behind the counter just incase you came along.

Now doesn't that make you feel SPECIAL.

We think you are special - very special !!!!!!!!

So special that perhaps you need to be kept in a special place - maybe John can suggest somewhere ?

Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Stupid boy.

Cynical remarks from another trader, perhaps?

Reply to
Superior Intellect

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:46:54 +0000, Superior Intellect wrote: Who told you such a name to use, it is obvious that they realised you would be stupid enough to use it and you have proved correct with each of your postings.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

One wonders what is the purpose of your posting?

To contribute to the subject matter that is the essence of this NG, as I do? To encourage discussion on technical matters, as I did when ingenuously contributing by knowledge on driving stepper motors from Windows?

Perhaps it is to foment unrest and unpleasantness? Perhaps you intend it as a vehicle for you to vent your spleen as do those who are escapes from the school playground? If so, shame on you, for that has never been my wont.

(For those who would criticise me, please note that once again I am only responding to defend myself. My originating of the subject matter of this thread was to wake others up to the dangers of buying a pig-in-a-poke. It is people such as Mr.Ellwood below who seek to make this NG a forum for something else, and as such, I do not hesitate to condemn them for their rather childish outbursts.)

Since you ask, the moniker is a joke, a tease, whose only purpose is to induce the birdbrains to identify themselves by their indignant twittering, as you have done below...

I did, > Who told you such a name to use, it is obvious that they realised you

Reply to
Superior Intellect

Reply to
steve H

To give vent to my feelings at your rude, badly formed rants on this group.

Since when?

That is what you do.

With your lack of courtesy and courage to use your own name also to display your lack of knowledge such as top posting.

You even forgot to use the broken cell you have been given.

Of course birdbrain is so much in advance of your attainments it must be classed as just envy.>

Please note you cannot look in the usual place for the meat as the idot top posted yet again.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood