Blackgates Engineering - Renowned as a cynical trader?

"Ray E. Brain." wrote

Parsel postage rate for 4 Kg ( alows 0.5 kg packing ) is 6.91...
In my opinion this is not a HUGE sum. -- Jonathan
Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.
To reply remove AT
The prospect of sending good money after bad and the unnecessary inconvenience that would be caused made it so - I went to Donnington in eager anticipation specifically to get this kit; 25 petrol, 8-50 entry, 126 for the kit; 7 hours driving for the round trip
I wasn't otherwise going up - but having spent all day hand sawing through some 1 1/4 inch bar earlier in the week, the need for such a machine is and was strong.
Too much money and effort has been expended already. It's a crashing disappointment, having first seen the demo earlier (Wembley this year?) but only when they'd run out of sets of castings to sell.
Normally I inspect _ALL_ goods before taking delivery or signing for receipt, but in this case I had previously thought that they were a reputable firm. Oddly enough, all the other goods purchased at Donnington, because I happened to be there anyway, were inspected thoroughly.
In no way could the casting complained of have been machined to bear any resemblance to the photo on the box; and it is a reasonable assumption that the photo on the box was also that of the demo model which formed the basis of the contract of sale.
Anyway, the matter is now closed, I've been diddled but I have no further interest in the kit; life is too short. It's been written off as a dead loss.
CAVEAT EMPTOR

The matter in hand is that you accused Blackgates ( who, to the best of my knowledge, appear to be a thoroughly reputable company ) of "passing off" dodgy goods. To this end you were advised by several reader here to contact Blackgates in order to allow them to rectify your complaint - which would have been entirely the right thing to do. Having received this good advice you subsequently chucked the said item in the bin, without giving Blackgates the opportunity to respond to your complaint, or indeed to even hear it!
There are no other issues or motives - you're a complete pratt.

Given your patent and gross stupidity, anything is possible.
www.shwoodwind.co.uk
I think that you are writing in, in a forlorn attempt, to settle old scores and to save face, rather than dealing with the matter in hand? Certainly your use of gratuitous and somewhat infantile forms of expression would suggest that.
You are somewhat cynical it seems. And a trader, to boot?

wrote::

When you're right. You're right!
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:28:29 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@eternal-flames.gov wrote:
Don't feed the Troll.
Could it be the case that those who are regular customers get treated differently?
They might claim that they have been carrying on in a certain way for years, but then it would seem that the more recent Sale Of Goods and Consumer Protection laws would have passed them by.
It is not acceptable to pass over a sealed box that proclaims to be a kit for a hacksaw when in fact it contains scrap metal. Even if they did not do so deliberately, it is negligent and reckless not to have in position quality processes to prevent such scrappers to reach the packing stage when such scrappers must have already passed through several departments.
You may well have dealt with them in the past and be prepared to deal with them in the future, but my advice to you is to unwrap and inspect every casting before giving them your money.
CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Plonk -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Gareth,
Haven't you sussed yet that they chose that particular casting JUST FOR YOU.
They knew that you love to make a fuss and that it would give you HOURS of fun wingeing on about it. It was obviously a deliberate ploy to upset you, they had it hidden behind the counter just incase you came along.
Now doesn't that make you feel SPECIAL.
We think you are special - very special !!!!!!!!
So special that perhaps you need to be kept in a special place - maybe John can suggest somewhere ?
Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent
Stupid boy.
Cynical remarks from another trader, perhaps?

YOU.
of
John
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:46:54 +0000, Superior Intellect wrote: Who told you such a name to use, it is obvious that they realised you would be stupid enough to use it and you have proved correct with each of your postings.
--
Neil
Cut the spamless for email

Garath, G4SDW, you have finally lost the plot.

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:36:08 +0000 (UTC), "steve H"
http://digest.textfiles.com/TELECOMDIGEST/vol15.iss0501-0536.txt
http://neil.franklin.ch/Usenet/alt.folklore.computers/20000615_The_Transistor_was_alien_technology
Does Gareth Alun Evans really live in Chippenham Wilts?

http://neil.franklin.ch/Usenet/alt.folklore.computers/20000615_The_Transistor_was_alien_technology
Depends on your defintion of live.... The best bits of him were thrown away at birth
Bill wrote:

http://neil.franklin.ch/Usenet/alt.folklore.computers/20000615_The_Transistor_was_alien_technology
Yes, but on the planet Theanus, which is very similar to Earth but has different BR68 and laws of physics, etc. probably because all their scientists and engineers build every piece of equipment from scratch. Standing in a pile of bits, rather than on the shoulders of giants.
vy 73
Andy, M1EBV

Copied from this post:- ******************************** SemiConductor Theory -------------------- (c) 1997 by Gareth Alun Evans
A transistor is rather like the human alimentary canal, after the typical USA diet of burgers and chips; - it constipates, as do semiconductor diodes with no applied bias - the available holes get filled in and nothing can move. The base current is like a small application of laxative; some of the constipation passes through, until the effect of the laxative wears off. The total throughput depends upon the Mobility. By applying a continuous feed of laxative, then a continuous current passes through. Applying too much laxative results in saturation - ie, there is a limit to the maximum throughput, depending on the external circuit; in this case, the maximum rate at which you can feed in the burgers at one end. (If you are a customer of MacDonalds's, here in Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK then this rate is very low - I have been there twice, and both times, the service was *APPALLING*.) The difference between PNP and NPN is the direction. In the old days, PNP was used, whereby one injected from the rear end, using a sort of huge syringe - hence PNP - "Put-in Near Poo". More recently NPN is more common, where the laxative is entered via a carrier of some sort, usually chocolate and so we have NPN - "Now Pleasant Nutrient". Despite the adverse effects, the USA diet of burgers and chips carries on, and recourse has to be made once again to the chocolate. Now the ratio of the carriers of the constipation, the burgers and chips, is much higher than that of the chocolate. Thus they are referred to as the Majority Carriers and the Minority Carriers. If you indulge too much, you find that the vendor will provide you with a paper bag, known as an Excess Carrier. ***************************************************************** Which just goes to prove Gareth my old mate, you are full of shit. The only reason you had to move from Wales was that no self respecting sheep would have sex with you. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:05:12 +0000, John Stevenson

Be fair John, That was a very interesting explanation of the process of minority carrier conduction. Given the quality of the output of our education system, I would think that with a bit of polishing it could be used at university level :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:02:12 +0000, Superior Intellect wrote:

To give vent to my feelings at your rude, badly formed rants on this group.

Since when?

That is what you do.

With your lack of courtesy and courage to use your own name also to display your lack of knowledge such as top posting.

You even forgot to use the broken cell you have been given.

Of course birdbrain is so much in advance of your attainments it must be classed as just envy.>

Please note you cannot look in the usual place for the meat as the idot top posted yet again.
--
Neil
Cut the spamless for email

Message 22 in thread From: Gareth Alun Evans ( snipped-for-privacy@cemetery.demon.co.uk) Subject: Re: The Future of Licensing Newsgroups: uk.radio.amateur Date: 1998/11/03
Perhaps he has a history: http://eu.sabotage.org/ETSI_surveillance_standards/Robin%20Gape/essexalumni.html "379. Gareth Alun Evans Computer & Communications Engineering 1972 snipped-for-privacy@cemetery.demon.co.uk "Older, Fatter, but still techno-terd! " Richard Laurence Pratt Computer and Communications Engineering 1972 snipped-for-privacy@globalnet.co.uk Ken Thompson (and Joan) Computer + Communication Engineering 1972 snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk Dave Broster BA Electronic Engineering 1972 snipped-for-privacy@newscs.com EEC, Brussels Chris Corbett Computer & Comm. Engineering 1972 snipped-for-privacy@cagv.demon.co.uk Actually stayed on at Essex till 1984, now working for Siemens
How did he get on here: http://www.badminston.demon.co.uk/Spambots.html
And my favourite: http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?t=n&sid 039&m=1&f=b&v=1.4&c`26&r=&d=f