What Major Aircraft Were Not Produced as a Model?

Now that the C-17 is ending its production run w/o a main stream model being produced, what other major aircraft never made it into the hobby
stores?
Craig

Didn't DML make a 1/200 scale kit of this plane ????
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:30:54 -0700, engineprep wrote:

That was a C-141.
--
Jessica

Vacuformed C-17 in 1/72 by Combat Models. Announced by Panda as injecton molded kit in 1/72, yet to be seen.
Tom
Jessie C wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1156035273.664186.16190@ 75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Was an EA-6B ever made?
cd
--
The difference between immorality and immortality is "T". I like Earl
Grey.

Didn't Revell make one in 1/48?
WmB
WmB wrote:

Hasegawa in 1/72 and Dragon in 1/144.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
WmB wrote:

Airfix did one in 1/48. I have one unbuilt in my Deep Stash.
Hasegawa did one in 1/72.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
"deep stash"
LOL!!! A GREAT descriptive term!
Art

In 1/72 and 1/48 at least the EA-6B was kitted.
Carl Dershem wrote:

Unless there was something from Allyn many years ago, I doubt there was a model C-124. Same feeling about the C-133. Any Short Belfasts? Is there a theme here? :)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:29:17 -0500, Mad-Modeller wrote:

Welsh Models do all of those in 1/144 vac. They're absolutely gorgeous.
--
Jessica

Jessie C said the following on 20/08/06 06:49:

Have you seen the Magna Models 1/72nd version ? Not much left out of 100 quid though!
Richard.
--
Cust. - "Fine salmon in the rivers."
Will Hay - "Grouse on the moors."
Richard Brooks wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com said the following on 21/08/06 06:50:

It'd be only the Shorts Belfast for me - then again, a Bristol Britannia would be nice.
Richard.

--
Cust. - "Fine salmon in the rivers."
Will Hay - "Grouse on the moors."
Short Belfast in 1/72 cast resin from Magna Models, vacuform from Sanger.
Bristol Britana in 1/72 vacuform from Sanger and Airways.
Good luck, both are big projects with possible breathtaking results in the right hands.
Tom
Richard Brooks wrote:

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Magna Models made a 1/72 Belfast and Welsh Models makes a 1/144
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 03:44:48 +0000, WmB wrote:

Academy.
AOL : )
--
Jessica

Define 'major'... there have been a number of airplanes that haven't been kitted, but the question of 'major' is vague.
For me the Boeing Monomail, in any scale, would be fabulous. I don't know as there'd been any! Boeing only built 8 airframes, so the question of how 'major' it is considered is a problem. But it was important!
There are a lot of airplanes like that... important, but short-lived or never in full production, left unkitted. Yet we get the Luftwaffe cocktail napkin air force ad nauseum.
I'd love to see Eduard do a Salmson in 1/48 and 1/72. As far as I I know, there've been some resin, vac, and MERLIN (gag) Salmson's... no 1/48 as far as I know.
--- Stephen
Actually, the Merln Br.14 isn't too bad I've built two and only replaced some small parts. It was one of their very few buildable kits. The Pegasus kit is better by far. There are several excellent vacuform Br.14s from HR, Czech Omega and Czech Master as well as a couple of good vacuforms by Wings 72 and Formaplane. I don't think that MPM/Azur/et al will wait too long, most likely Azur.
Tom