What Major Aircraft Were Not Produced as a Model?

Now that the C-17 is ending its production run w/o a main stream model being produced, what other major aircraft never made it into the hobby stores?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Didn't DML make a 1/200 scale kit of this plane ????

Reply to
engineprep

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1156035273.664186.16190@

75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Was an EA-6B ever made?

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

Unless there was something from Allyn many years ago, I doubt there was a model C-124. Same feeling about the C-133. Any Short Belfasts? Is there a theme here? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Didn't Revell make one in 1/48?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Reply to
Ron Smith

Hasegawa in 1/72 and Dragon in 1/144.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Welsh Models do all of those in 1/144 vac. They're absolutely gorgeous.

Reply to
Jessie C

Academy.

AOL : )

Reply to
Jessie C

That was a C-141.

Reply to
Jessie C

Airfix did one in 1/48. I have one unbuilt in my Deep Stash.

Hasegawa did one in 1/72.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Define 'major'... there have been a number of airplanes that haven't been kitted, but the question of 'major' is vague.

For me the Boeing Monomail, in any scale, would be fabulous. I don't know as there'd been any! Boeing only built 8 airframes, so the question of how 'major' it is considered is a problem. But it was important!

There are a lot of airplanes like that... important, but short-lived or never in full production, left unkitted. Yet we get the Luftwaffe cocktail napkin air force ad nauseum.

I'd love to see Eduard do a Salmson in 1/48 and 1/72. As far as I I know, there've been some resin, vac, and MERLIN (gag) Salmson's... no

1/48 as far as I know.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Farley Fruitbat

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Academy did a 1/48 EF-111A. Hasegawa also did one in 1/72,

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Beechcraft Staggerwing?

Armstrong-Whitworth Argosy turboprop?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

AMT in 1/48, Rareplanes (2 releases) and Sword (2 versions) in 1/72.

Welsh Models 1/144

Reply to
Jessie C

Didn't ITC do one in 1/32 scale ???

Reply to
engineprep

Have you seen the Magna Models 1/72nd version ? Not much left out of

100 quid though!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

ITC did it & then in the mid - late '70s, the Staggerwing Assn. or some group re-released it.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
frank

ROTFL! I'd be content on it with a vac-form or resin kit.

Reply to
Luca Beato